Technology and globalization has brought a sea change in the thoughts and lifestyles of people all across the globe. People are communicating with each other from different corners of the world and are aware of each other’s life events like never before! Blogging is one of the most influential mediums of communication through which brands can connect with their desired audience anywhere in the world and content is a defining factor that can either make a blog or break it.

According to Content Marketing Institute, 60% of organizations with a written content strategy are effective, compared to only 32% of those with a purely verbal content strategy being effective.

If you are looking for ways to create a successful business blog with killer content to keep your audience hooked, this guide is for you. Read on…

#1: Figure out where content creation can add value and improve experiences.
This means you need to understand why you are creating content and evaluate all areas that could profit from content creation.

#2: Brainstorm the types of topics and content for your blog.
Create a list of categories or areas in your business that could benefit from content creation and sit to brainstorm with your team.

#3: Identify content overlap between categories and content for repurposing.
You can create content needed to run your business and the content you need to market your business at the same time.

#4: Chart out your content creation plan.
Content marketing is about focus, resources and real commitment. The idea is to base it on the core content to improve your business and then repurpose the content so you get the biggest returns on your efforts.

#5: Add some supplemental content.
Fresh content is key to beating out competitors in the search engine results page. Throw in some supplemental content in the form of articles, videos and audios. This can be anything ranging from an article you read revolving around a current happening or a review of a tool you found handy. It is true that the more content you publish, the more traffic you will enjoy, in turn receiving more leads. But don’t get fooled into believing that you need to blog every day. Keep in mind that quality is better than quantity and it is always a good idea to publish something kick-ass and impactful once a week than something mediocre and forgetful every single day! At the end of the day, the key is to stay focused and committed and it is equally important to promote your blog to build and increase its following in the blogosphere. Follow the 80-20 rule: only promote your brand 20 percent of the time. Keep the other 80 percent of your blogs for helping your audience.

If you think your brand or service does not have anything engaging or interesting enough to write about, that’s completely false. We, at HGS Interactive, believe that any business, no matter what industry it belongs to, can become a master of engaging content. Take a look at this case study where a popular paint company has plunged into blogging to support its social media initiatives and build authority, establishing itself as an industry leader: Berger Paints – HGS Interactive It has been observed that business blogs drive meaningful business impact. We feel that the effort you put in today can turn into several thousand views and leads in the future.

According to HubSpot, marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts. Blogging is one of the most valuable marketing assets in the market today and faster the brands and business realise this, the better! Understand that a poorly thought out blog will do more damage than good, whereas a well-done blog will expand the presence of your brand and make your brand appear more accessible.
Blogging is a massive part of several brands’ online content strategy, presence and marketing strategy. Successful content marketing strategies combine customer feedback, site visitors and keywords, catchy titles and phrases and lovely graphics. Blogging has been able to create an even playing field for small businesses, which is why they are able to compete with Fortune 500 companies today!
There you have it – the five basic lessons in blogging with some blogging tips to develop a successful business blog.
No matter how time consuming it is, blogging is absolutely worth it. You can’t put it on the backburner nor can you put it at the bottom of your priority list. So, are you ready to get started?


Author name

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked Required text