Akoma is a leading blogging platform for African artists to share content across the globe. Client was looking to revamp the current site with new features and functionalities.
What We Did:
- We worked with the Akoma team to build the device agnostic Akomanet platform in a stipulated timeframe.
- The technology base for Akoma is Ghost CMS. Ghost CMS is an upcoming blogging platform which offers immense flexibility to theme, extend and integrate.
- Ghost CMS uses JQuery, AngularJS, ExpressionJS, emberJS as front end platforms for build and customisation.
- The Ghost platform is device agnostic and we used AMP scripting to have it load quickly on mobile devices.
- The challenge was to work with front end technology stack and make it work seamlessly with new features.
Outcome for the Client:
- The project was launched in two phases successfully, with a device agnostic and best in class content editor.
- The launch of the site was also covered by New York times and is considered one of the biggest platforms for artists in Africa.
- HGS Interactive worked with proven methodologies like scrum and agile to manage multiple delivery streams for a given project.
- Dedicated project managers and developers improved efficiency and speed of delivery.